Camtasia helps you to create powerful, yet easy-to-use professional videos without having any prior experience with video editing.
Camtasia allows you to easily record your on-screen activity or upload high definition quality videos, customize and edit content, and share your videos with viewers on nearly any device.
Some common uses of Camtasia are:
- Creating tutorials on software
- Providing new users a tour of a website
- Narrating a PowerPoint
- Creating online course lectures
- Camtasia Quick Tips [pdf]
- Camtasia (Windows) Quick Start Guide [pdf]
- Camtasia for Mac Quick Start Guide [pdf]
- Camtasia: Captioning Guide [pdf]
- PowerPoint to Camtasia Quick Start [pdf] (Windows version only!)
- 10 Steps to turn your Powerpoint into a lecture video using Camtasia [pdf]
- Camtasia: Windows vs Mac Platforms [pdf]
- Camtasia Help Page and Documents
- Camtasia: Embed Quizzes and Post on Canvas [pdf]
- Storyboard Template [pdf]
TechSmith provides basic to intermediate tutorial videos on features such as recording, editing, quizzing, and much more.
Tutorial videos can be found for both Windows and Mac versions of Camtasia below:
Many of our Camtasia workshops are now presented in an on-demand video format! Please use the On-Demand Video Request Form to request a video. Feel free to reach out to eCampus@sjsu.edu for any questions or assitance after viewing the on-demand videos.
Please view the Workshops and Events page to register for any live workshops on Camtasia.
Mastering Camtasia Online Canvas Course
The Mastering Camtasia Online Canvas Course provides self-paced access to tutorial videos and resources, and guidance on how to efficiently teach yourself how to use Camtasia. To register, please fill out the request form: Mastering Camatasia Online Canvas Course.
The link above will take you to the page where you can learn more, watch the overview video, and sign-up to get enrolled.
Camtasia Request Form
Please fill out the Camtasia Request Form below if you would like to receive a copy of Camtasia. Licenses are only available to current faculty and staff members here at San Jose State University.
System Requirements - Please make sure to review Camtasia's system requirements before installing it on your computer.