SnagIt is a simple screen capture software that allows you to capture either videos or pictures of your desktop, edit, and share quickly. SnagIt also has a large library of drawing tools that allows you to grab your audience's attention with shapes, callouts, highlighting, step-by-step labels, and much more.
Some common uses of SnagIt include:
- Taking screenshots to create tutorial documents
- Watermarking an image
- Hiding sensitive items on your screenshots
- Creating thumbnail photos for webpages
It is very important to keep accessibility in mind when using SnagIt to ensure that all images whether placed on the web, Word documents, or PDF files are accessible by including an alternative text (or alt text). Alternative text provides users the ability to have a text description of what an image is showing.
Feel free to visit the websites below which will provide additional information about alternative text and how to apply alternative texts to Microsoft Word and PDF files.
- Alternative Text Guide
- Adding Alternative Text to a PDF File Guide
- Adding Alternative Text to a Word Document Guide
- Getting Started with SnagIt (video)
- SnagIt 2019 Video Tutorials
- SnagIt Introduction to Capture
- SnagIt In-Depth Guide (download)
Please fill out the SnagIt Request Form below if you would like to receive a copy of SnagIt. Licenses are only available to current faculty and staff members here at San Jose State University.