Adobe MAX is Adobe's Annual Creativity Conference
This year the conference was fully online, and registration was free. This attracted millions of attendees compared to 16,000 in last year's live conference in Los Angeles. In his opening keynote, Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen noted that "creativity has never been more important."
He added that this was "the largest Adobe MAX ever." Indeed Adobe MAX 2020 had over 2.2 million visits to the event site on adobe.com, and over 21 million video views. Narayen pointed out that "This year's event demonstrates the power of digital to bring us all together now. What a challenging year it has been ... the isolation we're experiencing has underscored the need for human connection. We are truly enduring unprecedented circumstances. But these trying times have also illuminated that creativity has never been more important ... because creativity connects us, enables us to learn, encourages us to speak out, and gives us a way to cope. We've seen it everywhere this year."
There are over 350 sessions available from the Adobe MAX 2020 creativity conference. You may want to explore these free on-demand sessions depending on your particular interests. Visit the Adobe MAX 2020 video portal at www.adobe.com/max.
According to Adobe, the top 5 most popular Adobe MAX 2020 sessions were:
- Photoshop for Beginners and Users Who Need a Refresher: Part 1, Dave Cross
- Quick Tips for Creating the Most Engaging Social Media Videos, Amber Torrealba
- Introduction to Logo and Text Animation in After Effects: Part 1, Eran Stern
- Telling a Story in 60 Seconds or Less: Making Kick-Ass Social Videos: Part 1, Amber Torrealba
- InDesign Type and Layout Part 1: Structure and Hierarchies, Nigel French
Here are other sessions that may be of interest to you. Click on session link to go to the full sessions.
- Shauna Lynn Panczyszyn, Illustrator and Hand-Lettering Artist, Shauna Lynn Illustration, LLC
We all want to satisfy our inner child, but what about getting art direction from them? To retain a sense of youthful fun, professional illustrator and hand-lettering artist Shauna Lynn Panczyszyn imagines what her five-year-old self would think of every project she . . .
- Richard Tate, Founder & CEO, The Ocean Agency
- Row Trevellyan, Account Director, The Ocean Agency
The Ocean Agency, the nonprofit behind the Netflix documentary Chasing Coral, shows how education can be made more meaningful. Find out how teachers can help students develop communication skills that inspire action by using real conservation briefs and accessing . . .
- Jenna James, Sr. Product Manager, CC Education, Adobe
- Sayali Kasture, Sr. Product Manager, Adobe
Learn how easy it is to include Adobe creative projects in your classroom through easy sign-ups for educators and integrations with learning systems like Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Canvas, Flipgrid, and Blackboard. Spend less time figuring out how . . .
- Cristen Magaletti, Secondary Social Science Teacher, Saint Andrew's School
Are you adapting lessons and projects for distance or hybrid classes? Instructional design approaches can ensure that your resources are accessible and easy to use. Hear from Adobe Education Leader Cristen Magaletti, creator of beloved teaching resources on Adobe . . .
- Roman Villarreal, Principal, Lumenbrite Design and Training
Discover how to be more effective with less effort using the power of Creative Cloud. In this session, teacher, designer, and business strategist Roman Villarreal will show how you can leverage Creative Cloud to work collaboratively and remotely with your team . . .
- Michael Chaize, Principal Product Manager - Creative Cloud, Adobe
In addition to giving you access to the best creative apps, Creative Cloud provides a range of resources to make your creative project a success. Join Principal Creative Cloud Product Manager Michael Chaize on Adobe Live as he shares techniques and resources to empower . . .
- Valentina Arismendi Chirinos, Student, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Communication, critical thinking, and creativity skills are necessary for all students, no matter the discipline. In this session join UNC journalism student Valentina Arismendi as she describes how digital literacy assignments helped her gain the skills she needed to pursue . . .
- Julieanne Kost, Digital Imaging Evangelist, Adobe
Explore the benefits of using personal projects as a means to stretch your creativity and boost your photo editing techniques. Join Julieanne Kost, Adobe Digital Imaging Evangelist, as she discusses the power of personal projects by sharing her recent self-assignment . . .
- Adam Green, US Academic Content Leader, Khan Academy
- Brian Johnsrud, Education Curriculum Strategy Lead, Adobe
47% of GenZ spend at least 3 hours/day on YouTube. They prefer video over textbooks for learning. Adam Green, US Academic Content Leader at Khan Academy, and Adobe's Brian Johnsrud, Education Curriculum Strategy Lead, will discuss the important role of video in . . .
- Octavia Bromell, Illustrator, Tink Illustration
Creating work that makes your soul sing is the single best thing you can do for your career and your happiness, and yet it’s so rarely prioritized. In this fun, honest, and inspiring session, join illustrator Octavia Bromell as she takes you on a journey to joy through the . . .
- Carli Johnston, Co-founder, Head Of Product, Virtual Method
- David Francis, Co-Founder of Virtual Method, Virtual Method
There’s no question that the future of engagement is spatial, but how prepared are creatives to tackle the necessary creative and technical hurdles to successfully deploy compelling, interactive, and meaningful experiences? And how prepared are they to . . .
- Mark Shufflebottom, Professor of Interaction Design, Sheridan College
Discover how Adobe XD, a designing and prototyping app, can help educators build a dynamic, visual syllabus or a powerful slide deck while fostering collaboration. Hear how Sheridan College's Professor of Interaction Design, Mark Shufflebottom, uses XD as an essential tool in his curriculum. In this session you’ll learn how to . . .
- Tanya Avrith, Education Evangelist, Adobe
- Alexander Grindle-Boettcher, Graphic Design Student, University of Central Florida
Join Adobe Education Evangelist Tanya Avrith for an interview with graphic design student Alexander Grindle-Boettcher, as he shares his self-taught creative journey driven by his passion for art activism. In a quest to discover how young creators can adapt their learning to . . .
- Cat Noone, CEO and Product Designer, Stark
- Mrudula Peddinti, Branding Director, Limbitless Solutions
Join Cat Noone, product designer and CEO of Stark, and Mrudula Peddinti, branding director at Limbitless Solutions, to learn how each company is working to make the world’s most innovative products accessible to all, from designing for color blindness to creating an . . .
Rick Treitman, Ben Sawyer, Shelley Rodrigo
Join Adobe and our research partners from Readability Matters, LabX at the University of Central Florida, and the Writing Program at the University of Arizona to learn about our research into how the use of custom reading formats can make dramatic changes in how . . .
- Tacy Trowbridge, Global Education Programs Lead, Adobe
The education landscape has been slowly evolving, but a global pandemic has seismically shifted how student success is measured and evaluated. Join Tacy Trowbridge, head of Global Education Programs at Adobe, as she shares a new Adobe study exploring emerging trends in college admissions and the importance of showcasing creative skills in college applications today. In this session, you’ll learn . . .
- Tasha Lutfi, Principal Design Director, Microsoft
Recent events have sparked conversations about racial injustice and systemic racism. Black designers make up 3% of the design workforce in the United States, and this lack of diversity compounds the challenge of creating experiences that truly reflect our distinctly . . .
- Clara Galan, Global Community Manager, Adobe
- Mark Martin, MBE, Computer Science Lead, South Bank Engineering UTC
Discover global educator community programs at Adobe and their impact on teaching, learning, and education models. Clara Galan, global education community lead at Adobe, will share Adobe’s program offerings and interview Mark Martin, an Adobe education . . .
- Adam Morgan, Executive Creative Director, Adobe
We all need to think more about our creative career options. Too many of us fall into a career path, wandering from one job to another. Join Adam Morgan, executive creative director at Adobe, as he shares insights from dozens of successful creative leaders, including top . . .