What is Gradescope?
Gradescope is a feedback and assessment tool that dramatically reduces the time associated with grading exams, homework, and other assignments. You can link Canvas courses and assignments to Gradescope and sync your roster and grades.
How does Gradescope work?
Gradescope is widely used for delivering assessments remotely. It enables instructors and graders to give better and more timely feedback, resulting in improved learning outcomes. Dynamic rubrics help streamline the tedious parts of grading while increasing grading consistency. AI-assisted Grading allows instructors to automatically group similar answers and grade all the answers in each group at once. Gradescope also helps with grading programming assignments at scale and can automatically grade printed bubble sheets.
Getting started with Gradescope
If you don't yet have a Gradescope account, you can create one at www.gradescope.com or by launching into Gradescope directly from Canvas.
Learning how to use Gradescope
Join us for online workshops and learn how instructors use Gradescope. The workshops will offer guidance on how to deliver assessments remotely and outline various assessment options to meet your immediate needs, including:
- Fully online assignments, no paper required
- Existing paper-based assignments
- Combining online and paper-based approaches
We will also cover the grading and rubric-building workflow on Gradescope and walk attendees through both the instructor and student interface for creating and submitting assignments and viewing feedback.
- Monday, October 26, 9:30am-10:30am Pacific
- Tuesday, October 27, 1:00pm-2:00pm Pacific
Register and reserve your spot here: https://info.gradescope.com/sjsu-workshop.
You will learn how to:
- Grade your existing exams and homework on Gradescope
- Make rubric changes as you grade - changes apply to previously graded work to maintain consistency
- Write each comment only once - apply previously used comments with a click
- Create better rubrics to increase student learning
- Use ‘assignment analytics’ to gain insight into student learning
*Instructors are welcome to invite their TAs and grading staff.
** Recording of the session will be shared with all registrants. So please feel free to register even if you can't make it to the live session.
Adding Gradescope to a Canvas Course
View guide to add Gradescope in your course in Canvas.
Gradescope - Resources
Explore many more resources at www.gradescope.com.