These administrative forms are to help students in determining their major and minor course work, apply for graduation, and file various petitions. Students must meet with the Econ Advisor who will help guide students and initiate DocuSign requests. Students should not initiate their own DocuSigns for the Econ Department
Please download and save form, fill out completely (except signature), resave, then submit form to the Econ Advisor. Forms will be submitted via DocuSign, where they will be routed for additional signatures. please use your SJSU email.
- Add/Change Major or Minnor for less than <90 units
- Add/Change Major or Minor for more than >90 units*Advisor Request Available
Students must meet with an Econ Advisor as soon as possible for help in declaring a Econ major or minor, use these forms to help with coursework planning. The Course Catalog is the official source for degree requirements. Degree requirements depend on your catalog rights year. Find the requirements in place during your catalog year.
- B.S.Economics Major Form
BS majors declared Fall 2020 or later (pdf)
BS majors declared Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 (pdf)
BS majors declared before Fall 2019 (pdf)
- B.A.Economics Major Form
BA majors declared Fall 2020 or later (pdf)
BA majors declared Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 (pdf)
BA majors declared before Fall 2019 (pdf)
- Minor Form (pdf)
- Undergraduate Substitution Form(pdf)
- Apply for Graduation [link]
Online graduation application for eligible students. Please see the tutorial for the online process in the [link]. Econ minor students should apply with their major department.
- Graduation Date Change[link]
- Excess Units Petition[link]
- Petitition to Withdraw[link]
- Office of the Registrar Forms
Graduate students can make an appointment with our Graduate Advisor for guidance.
- MA - Internal Advising Form (pdf)
- MA, applied - Internal Advising Form (pdf)
- GAPE forms - These forms (and more) are available on the GAPE website, under Current Students. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY GAPE FORMS HAND WRITTEN.
- Change of Classification in (Master's) Graduate Program
- Petition for Advancement to Graduate Candidacy
- Request for Course Substitution in (Master's) Graduate Degree Program
The Economics Department is dedicated to providing support to students seeking to expand their academic experience by attending professional and academic conferences in related fields.