College of Engineering Software
The College of Engineering has access to a full catalog of software that is installed based on course and lab requirements. Listed below are some of our most common software utilized throughout the college. Please note individual departments have some software unique to their department as well which are not listed below.
- Autodesk Suite (AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, Maya, plus many more available)
- SOLIDWORKS plus Student Premium version is available for download by students. Please visit the Solidworks SEK Info page to gain access to the download link and activation info. (You must use your SJSU account to access this page)
- MATLAB (Is now available for students to download free of cost due to SJSU now having a site license. Please visit our SJSU MATLAB Portal which will ask you to sign in with your SJSUOne account, create and link a Mathworks account to SJSU, and then allow you to download MATLAB.)
- ANSYS (Available for students to download here, must use SJSU account to access)
- LabVIEW (Available for students to download, LabVIEW download, students must use SJSU account to access)
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat Suite
If you are interested in seeing what software is installed in each ECS managed lab, please follow the link below. If you are planning to teach in a ECS lab you can use this to validate your course required software is installed in your lab. Important note: All new software requests for labs must be requested to ECS no later then two weeks prior to the start of the semester. Every effort should be made to submit new software requests by the end of the current semester.