SJSU x REP4 Learner Design Summit
The newly-established Rapid Education Prototyping (REP4) Alliance is a powerful network of regional and national education, industry, and technology leaders, led by the six founding higher education partners, including the SJSU Lurie College of Education. This alliance will create opportunities to bring together diverse learners to codesign new ideas for education using liberatory design principles.
In Summer 2021, we launched this network with a free Learner Design Summit, which is a leadership development opportunity designed to bring together rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students, recent high school graduates, community college students, and SJSU undergraduate students to collaborate and design creative proposals to address existing challenges in the higher education system.
Summer 2021 Learner Design Summit
Watch the video above to learn more about the proposals from our student design leaders, who met one another for the first time, came up with and refined their proposals, and presented them to the SJSU President and senior administration within 4 days.
- 0:00 - Welcome from SJSU Lurie College of Education Dean Heather Lattimer and intro from Educational Leadership faculty Veneice Guillory-Lacy
- 5:20 - "CC: The Dream (Creating and Continuing the Dream)" by College 2.0
- 11:28 - "Creating Connections" by Creative Connections
- 18:33 - "How Integrating Community and Technology Can Help Students" by Three Trees
- 24:25 - "Elevation Promise" by Equity Ambassadors
- 37:26 - Response by Dean Heather Lattimer
- 38:38 - Remarks by SJSU President Mary Papazian
- 43:43 - Closing remarks by Dean Heather Lattimer
“I really, really enjoyed this experience of meeting and connecting with great people. Everybody shared what problems they had faced, and that really opened up my mind to see what we can do and what we need to change.” - JC Jacinto, Learner Design Summit participant