SJSU x REP4 Learner Design Summit
The newly-established Rapid Education Prototyping (REP4) Alliance is a powerful network of regional and national education, industry, and technology leaders, led by the six founding higher education partners, including the SJSU Lurie College of Education. This alliance will create opportunities to bring together diverse learners to codesign new ideas for education using liberatory design principles.
In Summer 2021, we will launch this network with a free Learner Design Summit, which is a leadership development opportunity designed to bring together rising 11th and 12th grade students, recent high school graduates, community college students, and SJSU undergraduate students to collaborate and design creative proposals to address existing challenges in the higher education system.
Participate in Our Learner Design Summit
Monday, July 19 - Thursday, July 22, 9am-1pm
- High School Design Leader | Rising 11th and 12th grade students, recent graduates
- Community College Design Leader | Community college students, recent graduates
- SJSU Design Leader | SJSU undergraduate students, recent graduates
Participants in this summit will:
- Acquire life skills that will transform their educational journey
- Gain competencies in collaboration, communication, problem-solving, and leadership
- Receive a stipend that includes a application fee waiver for SJSU graduate or undergraduate degree programs
- Have an opportunity to compete to participate in the online REP4 National Convening on August 5, 2021
Overview of the summit:
- Day 1: Welcome & Community Building
- Recognize the experiences & expertise of our students and communities
- Assess current strengths & challenges in higher education
- Day 2: Design & Share Initial Ideas
- Use liberatory design to re-think Higher Education
- Day 3: Polish Ideas & Build Presentations
- Refine design ideas and prepare presentations for campus leaders
- Day 4: Present to SJSU Campus Leaders
If you have any questions about our summit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learner Design Summit Application
Please complete the Google Form below by Wednesday, June 30, to apply or nominate equity-minded students to participate as designers and innovators in our summit.