Amna Jaffer (she/her/hers)
Lecturer, Counselor Education
Amna Jaffer is a lecturer in the Counselor Education Department at San José State University. Her areas of study include identity development and training of school counselors as social justice advocates, prevention of Substance Use Disorders in teens, and undergraduate student career development and support.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, San José State University (May 2022)
- M.A., Counselor Education, San José State University
- B.A., Theater and Psychology, Agnes State College
- Professional development session for Pathway Society on the development of empathy and the use of the empty chair method, San José (October 2019).
- The use of experientially oriented group psychotherapy to the staff of Pathway Society, San José (February 2018)
- A series of in-service training to the staff of Pathway Society, San José (February 2017)