Arnold Danzig, PhD
Professor, Educational Leadership
Arnold B. Danzig is a Professor of Educational Leadership and Education Policy and founding director of the Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership at San José State University. He is professor emeritus at Arizona State University and served in multiple leadership positions including division director and associate dean in the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, and associate director of the School Public Affairs at Arizona State University. He has authored, edited, and co-edited books, chapters, journal volumes, and journal articles on school leadership and education policy during his career in higher education.
- Ph.D., Education Policy, Planning, & Administration, University of Maryland College Park
- M.A., Social & Cultural Foundations of Education, University of Maryland College Park
- B.A., Political Science & Secondary Education
- Martin, G, Danzig, A., Flanary, D., & M. T. Orr (2022). School Leader Internship. Routledge.
- Danzig, A. & Black, W. (Eds). (2019). Who controls the preparation of school administrators. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Strom, K., Haas, E., Danzig, A. Martinez, E.,. & McConnell, K. (2018). Preparing educational leaders to think differently in polarized, post-truth times. The Education Forum, 83 (3), pp. 259-277. https://doi.org/10.1080/00131725.2018.1458361
- Martin, G. E., Danzig, A. B., Wright, W. F., & Flanary, R. and Orr, M. (2017). School leader internship: Developing, Monitoring, and Evaluating Your Leadership Experience (4th Edition). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Borman, K. Wiley, T., Garcia, D. & Danzig, A. (2014). Review of Research in Education Language Policy, Politics, and Diversity in Education. Volume 38. Washington, DC/Thousand Oaks, CA: American Educational Research Association & SAGE Publications.
- Hollingworth, L. & Danzig, A. (Eds). (2014). Research in Learning and Teaching in Educational Leadership. A Volume in UCEA Leadership. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Invited Symposium Presenter: Critical Educational Leadership: Pedagogies for a Post-Truth World. Presentation Title: Global Field Experience as Leadership Development: Academic Importance, Personal Engagement, and Professional Applications. Presented at the 16th Annual Hawaii Conference on Education, Honolulu, HA, January 4 – 7, 2018.
Areas of Research Interest
- Education Leadership
- Education Policy
- Global Studies