Jila Maleksalehi, EdD (she/her)
Lecturer, Child & Adolescent Development
Jila has PreK, Elementary, Middle School, High School, and Community College teaching experiences. Over the past 15+ years, she has taught a variety of ages, including Kindergarten PE to Middle School Language Arts, Math, Science, History, and more. Her area of expertise comes from working with adolescents and utilizing brain-based teaching practices with her students. Jila is a big fan of teaching her students the course material while relating it to real-life applications. She believes "We go to school to make a bigger impact on our society, not simply to memorize the course content. Teaching is an art. Come and check it out for yourself; experience my love for teaching in my classes!"
In addition to teaching, Jila enjoys mentoring her students as they go after their goals. Beyond teaching, she really takes the time to support and create relationships among her students.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership & Managements, Alliant International University
- M.A. Ed., Education (Curriculum & Instruction), Notre Dame de Namur University
- B.A., Liberal Studies, Notre Dame de Namur University
- Maleksalehi, J. (2017). Faculty mentorship program. (Publication No. 10683235) [Doctoral dissertation, Alliant International University]. ProQuest Dissertations Publishing.
Areas of Research Interest
- Academic advising
- Academic support services
- Career guidance
- Child development
- Counseling services
- Faculty mentorship
- Living, Loving, and Learning by Leo Buscaglia
- InSideOut Coaching: How Sports Can Transform Lives By Joe Ehrmann & Gergory Jordan
- What the Best College Teachers Do by Ken Bain
Listen to Jila's playlist below and access all of the personality playlists on our Lurie College of Education Spotify account