Lyle Lustigman, PhD
Assistant Professor, Communicative Disorders & Sciences
Lyle Lustigman, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor at San José State University in the Connie L. Lurie College of Education, Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences. Her research focuses on typical and atypical language development in children (toddlers, preschoolers, and school-aged). She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in language development and disorders from infancy to school-age.
- Ph.D., Tel Aviv University
- M.A., Tel Aviv University
- B.A., Tel Aviv University
- Lustigman, L. (2021). Early collaborations: Adult-Child and child-adult co-construction of ‘but’-clauses. Interactional Linguistics. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1075/il.20007.lus
- Lustigman, L. and Berman, R. (2021). Levels of Integration in Children's Early Clause Combining in Hebrew. Language Learning and Development. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/15475441.2020.1814781
- Lustigman, L. (2020). The emergence and development of complex predicates in early child Hebrew. First Language. DOI: 10.1177/0142723719899240.
- Berman, R. A. & Lustigman, L. (2020). Acquisition and development of verb/predicate chaining in Hebrew. Frontiers in Psychology. DOI:10.3389/fpsyg.2019.02958.
- Lustigman, L. & Clark, E.V. (2019). Exposure and feedback in language acquisition: adult construals of children’s early verb-form use in Hebrew. Journal of Child Language, 46: 241–264.
- Savaldi-Harrusi, G., Lustigman, L. & Soto, G. (2019). Emergence of clause constructions in children who use speech generating devices. Augmentative and Alternative Communication, 35: 109-119.
- “Clause combining in early child Hebrew: Emergent connectivity, increasing specificity, and adult supportive contexts” (with Ruth Berman). Paper presented at the UK Cognitive Linguistics Conference, University of Birmingham, UK, July 28-30, 2020 (Conference changed to be online only due to COVID-19).
- “Guided Research Readings: Identifying Questions and Finding the Evidence” (with Paul Cascella). CSHA Convention, Anaheim, California, March 19-22, 2020. (Conference cancelled due to COVID-19).
Dr. Lyle Lustigman presented “‘And what were you doing?’ ‘Helping!’ Adult scaffolding in children’s early language development” as part of the Spring 2021 Lurie College of Education Faculty Research Symposium.