Mei-Yan Lu, PhD
Professor, Educational Leadership
- Ph.D., Curriculum & Instruction, Arizona State University
- M.A., Computer Assisted Instruction, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- B.A., Educational Psychology, Fu Jen University
- Miller, M. & Lu, M.Y. (2017). Moving Online: Public and Private University Motivation and the Implication of Public Policy – a book chapter in the Volume III of the series “Contemporary Perspectives on Technological Innovation, Management and Policy”. Title of the Book "Technological Innovation Networks: Collaboration and Partnership", International Academic Publishing, San Bernardino, California.
- Reis, N, Lu, M.Y. & Miller, M. (2016). Keeping Our Eyes on the Prize: The Role of Fieldwork in Preparing Social Justice School Leaders In a Public University Program. The Journal of Educational Leadership and Administration: Teaching and Program Development, vol. 27. pp. 159-172.
- Lu, M.Y., Miller, M. & Nadler, D. (2016). "A Comparison of International Faculty Members’ Perceptions of Shared Governance" Asian Journal of Humanities and Social Studies Vol. 4 Issue 1, p0. 21-27. ISSN: 2321–2799
- Generation Z College Students’ Perception on Leadership: A Case Study at San Jose State University. A paper presentation at the California College Personnel Association (CCPA) conference, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California. March 7th, 2020. (Conference canceled)
- Motivation to Lead: A Pilot Study on College Students’ Perception on Leadership (with Nwafor and Porfilio) A round-table discussion presented at CAPEA (California Association for Professors in Educational Administration) Spring Conference, CSU- East Bay, Hayward, California, March 20th, 2020. (Conference canceled)
- Making Connection between Universities and K-12 Education: Eliminate the Opportunity Gap (with Porfilio) A round-table discussion presented at CAPEA (California Association for Professors in Educational Administration) Fall Conference, CSU- San Bernardino, Palm Dessert Campus, Palm Dessert, California, October 26, 2019.
- High Tech/High Touch: Using Technology to Enhance Positive Education at San Jose State University, Silicon Valley, U.S.A. Paper presented at the National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) International Education Conference, Hsinchu City, Taiwan, May 15th, 2019.
- Health and Work-Life Balance for Educational Leadership Professors. A round-table discussion presented at CAPEA (California Association for Professors in Educational Administration) Spring Conference, Sacramento, California, March 8th, 2019.
- Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy (with Reis and Quintanar). An invited workshop at the Instructional Leadership State Conference sponsored by the CTA (California Teacher Association and Stanford University) in Santa Clara, Marriott Hotel, February 22, 2019.