Academic Advising & Tutoring
General Academic Advising
In addition to support from their academic departments, Lurie College undergraduate and graduate students can meet with the Student Success Center academic advisors for questions about registration, degree progress, forms/petitions, probation, disqualification, and university policies.
We are currently scheduling advising appointments, and are happy to meet by phone or Zoom. Drop-in hours are varied and based on advisor availability. If you are a current or prospective student, please view the Student Success Center calendar below to check availability.
Schedule An Academic Advising Appointment
- Go to the Spartan Connect website
- Select the blue Appointments, Drop-ins, and Workshops & Events button
- Select the service category [pdf] that matches your needs.
- Select the appropriate advising service.
- Select LCOE Student Success Center as the location for the appointment
- Choose a date and time that works for you and confirm your appointment
- You will receive an email with Zoom login instructions prior to your appointment date
Attend Drop-in Advising Hours
Drop-in advising is designed for quick questions for an advisor (10 min. max)
Select our advisor's name below to meet with them through Zoom:
- Saul Ruiz: Mondays, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Francesca Teixeira: Tuesdays, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Maricela Alvarez: Wednesdays, 3:00-4:00 pm
Writing Tutor Hours
The writing tutor is now available by Zoom and has expanded hours. Please visit the Writing Center website to schedule an appointment.
Upcoming APA workshops:
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020: 10:30-11:30 am
- Monday, November 16, 2020: 3:00-4:00 pm
Please visit the Writing Center website for additional workshop topics.
Peer Connections Academic Tutoring
Peer Connections has course specific and general academic tutoring available.
Please visit the Peer Connections website to schedule an appointment.
Open Study Hours
- Monday-Thursday | 8:00am-6:00pm
- Friday | 8:00am-12:00pm
- Additional open study hours are available in the Lurie College Study and Collaboration (SAC) Room, which is located in Sweeney Hall 446.
The Student Success Center and SAC Room are currently not available for open study hours as a result of public health orders in response to COVID-19. The Student Success Center is also unavailable for open study hours during workshops and events.