Emancipatory Education Now
Emancipatory Education Now is a student-led initiative at the SJSU Lurie College of Education that examines what emancipatory education – the critical evaluation of the systems and structures of oppression that maintain the status quo in our educational institutions – looks like in today’s society and advocates for the expansion of emancipatory education research, policies, and practices.
Spring 2021 Student Co-Hosts
Use your voice to engage in dialogue about critical topics in education! All current SJSU Lurie College of Education students are eligible to apply. Co-hosts will be compensated hourly for their participation and receive a high-quality USB microphone. Select the button below to learn more about the benefits and expectations and to upload your video application by Saturday, January 30, 2021.
Fall 2020 Student Co-Hosts
- Anne Lockmiller - Graduate student, Counselor Education
- Gabi Gupta – Undergraduate student, Sociology
- Jackie Lopez Rivas – Undergraduate student, Child & Adolescent Development
- Leslye Tinson – Doctoral student, Ed.D. Leadership Program
- Vinson Vũ – Undergraduate student, Business and Child & Adolescent Development