Graduation & Commencement
Congratulations to all of our Spring 2021 SJSU Lurie College of Education graduates who earned their bachelors, masters, credentials, or doctorates! Watch the recording of our Graduation Celebration above.
- 0:00 - Welcome to the Lurie College Graduation Celebration
- 7:29 - Remarks from Dean Heather Lattimer and Marcos Pizarro, video recognition of Lurie College graduates
- 20:58 - Remarks from Janeth Canseco (MA, Counselor Education Department)
- 27:22 - Remarks from Charline Tenorio (MA, Communicative Disorders and Sciences Department)
- 37:40 - Slides from our Spring 2021 graduates
SJSU Spring 2021 Graduate Recognition Websites
SJSU has also created a website to recognize all of the Spring 2021 graduates for the entire university. Visit the SJSU Commencement website to access the recognition websites.
Congratulations, New Lurie College Alumni
Congratulations to our new SJSU Lurie College of Education alumni. We have no doubt that you are prepared to be transformative educators, counselors, therapists, school and community leaders!
We would love for you to stay connected with us as you transition into your next chapters. Visit our Alumni webpage to take advantage of the many opportunities to connect with one another, stay connected with the college, and actively participate in the continued growth of the college.
If you plan to enroll in a graduate program, credential program, or doctoral program in the future, we have numerous academic opportunities available and our Student Success Center Advisors are happy to assist you with your application process.
The online graduation application is open for students who have earned 85 units or
more. Applying for graduation is a two-step process:
- Apply for graduation online [pdf]
- Meet with an advisor to review the My Progress report for outstanding requirements.
If you have questions about the online process, please visit the Lurie College of Education Student Success Center (SH 106) to meet with an advisor.
Finalizing your graduate degree is a two-step process:
Deadlines to apply vary depending on your planned graduation date. If you have questions about the process or want support with completing the forms, please visit the Lurie College of Education Student Success Center (SH 106) to meet with an advisor.