Graduation & Commencement
Spring 2020 Graduation Celebration
The Spring 2020 SJSU Lurie College of Education Graduation Celebration took place on Friday, May 22, at 4pm. Watch the recording of the celebration above or jump to a section of the recording below.
Order of Events
- 9:56 - Video acknowledgment of Spring 2020 Lurie College graduates (alphabetized by last name) and remarks from Dean Heather Lattimer
- 13: 29 - Remarks from Associate Dean Marcos Pizarro
- 18:14 - Remarks from Lurie College Commencement Speaker, Giselle Arellano (undergraduate, child development)
- 33:17 - Slideshow of collages submitted by graduates (alphabetized by last name)
SJSU Spring 2020 Graduate Recognition Websites
SJSU has also created a website to recognize all of the Spring 2020 graduates for the entire university. Visit the recognition webpage for Lurie College of Education Spring 2020 graduates.
Congratulations, New Lurie College Alumni
Congratulations to our new SJSU Lurie College of Education alumni. We have no doubt that you are prepared to be transformative educators, counselors, therapists, school and community leaders!
We would love for you to stay connected with us as you transition into your next chapters. Visit our Alumni webpage to take advantage of the many opportunities to connect with one another, stay connected with the college, and actively participate in the continued growth of the college.
If you plan to enroll in a graduate program, credential program, or doctoral program in the future, we have numerous opportunities available and our Student Success Center Advisors are happy to assist you with your application process.
The online graduation application is open for students who have earned 85 units or
more. Applying for graduation is a two-step process:
- Apply for graduation online [pdf]
- Meet with an advisor to review the My Progress report for outstanding requirements.
If you have questions about the online process, please visit the Lurie College of Education Student Success Center (SH 106) to meet with an advisor.
Finalizing your graduate degree is a two-step process:
Deadlines to apply vary depending on your planned graduation date. If you have questions about the process or want support with completing the forms, please visit the Lurie College of Education Student Success Center (SH 106) to meet with an advisor.