2021 Lurie College Repopulation
Monday, May 10, 2021
Dear Lurie College Students,
First of all, we want to acknowledge your amazing accomplishments this year of online instruction. We have heard so many stories about your commitment and perseverance.
As SJSU Provost Del Casino recently described in an email on Thursday, May 6, with the subject line “Fall 2021 Course Schedule is Live,” we are planning carefully for the Fall 2021 semester and expect to have more updates as we finalize those plans.
We’re sending you this message to share some details for the Lurie College of Education and our programs.
- Each of our programs is planning for every student to have some in-person components in their Fall courses. So, we want you to expect to have at least some of your courses with in-person components at SJSU. The schedule will provide details on each course’s mode of instruction.
- We recognize that some of you may have special circumstances that will make it impossible to attend classes in person. If you are in this situation, please fill out this Google form as soon as possible.
- Field experiences (including preschool lab, clinic, practicum) are planned to be in person and are viewable on the schedule now.
- Advisors in our Student Success Center (SSC) are working now and throughout the summer to provide support with scheduling, questions about course modality, and helping to prepare students for a return to campus. Please reach out to them if you have specific questions or concerns.
- We are planning to have space available for students in Sweeney Hall where you can access wifi and attend online classes (if, for example, one of your classes meets on campus but the next one meets remotely and you will not have enough time to return home).
- We’re putting together a Reorientation to familiarize students with the new norms to ensure safety on campus in the Fall. We’ll be developing a web page that will be updated regularly and will share the website as soon as it’s ready.
- Right now, you can get the latest information on SJSU’s plans for Fall on these websites: SJSU Adapt Plan and Spartan Community Promise
- Each of our departments is working on a spreadsheet that has the exact expected meeting times for all in-person and hybrid classes. The goal is to have these available to students by Sunday, August 1.
Again, please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Lurie College Student Success Center Director
Lurie College Associate Dean