MS Artifical Intelligence
According to a new report from the World Economic Forum, the demand for artificial intelligence is set to create 58 million new jobs by 2022. Even though science fiction often portrays AI as robots with humanoid qualities, the field encompasses a vast amount of products, from Google’s search algorithms to autonomous vehicles like a Tesla. The rapid growth of AI allows creativity to thrive and creates endless possibilities for the future.
Our MSAI program provides students with the advanced skills that underlie AI including logic, regression and machine learning. Students will pursue topics in-depth, with hands-on experience built into the courses.
Students interested in pursuing an MSAI should have an engineering undergraduate degree and extensive programming experience.
- Applications due June 1, 2021; Documents due June 20, 2021
* This program does not accept international students.
- Outstanding Faculty: Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of practical knowledge and experience in engineering and software development.
- Location, Location, Location: All courses are offered in Silicon Valley near high-tech employers and easily accessible from anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can complete your degree while holding an internship and/or continuing your career!
- Convenience: designed for working professionals and motivated students who want to earn advanced degrees through accelerated programs.
- Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers an outstanding educational value, and many local businesses will pay partial or full tuition for employees who enroll in graduate degree programs.
- Each course meets one night a week, for 16 weeks, following the SJSU academic calendar. Dependent on cohort path, courses may also meet on a few Saturdays.
- Classes are delivered year-round in fall, spring, and summer.
- There are 11 courses, for a total of 33 graduate-level units that fulfill the requirements for earning a Master of Science in Software Engineering degree.
- Students must satisfy the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement.
To be determined
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
For students graduating with MSAI degrees:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of artificial intelligence and machine learning, from vision to formulation, analysis, design, validation and deployment.
- Be able to tackle complex machine learning and artificial intelligence problems using contemporary principles, algorithms, technologies, methodologies, and tools.
- Be able to lead and participate in a team to develop AI and machine learning applications.
- Be aware of ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate.
- Be able to advance successfully in their profession, and sustain a process of life-long learning in engineering or other professional areas.
- Be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of audiences.
Applying for admission to an off-campus cohort at San Jose State University is not a guarantee that the program will occur. Cohorts must meet minimum enrollment standards in order to take place. Please be aware that in the event a cohort does not launch due to low enrollment, any and all associated application fees cannot be refunded.