MS Software Engineering, Specialization in Cloud and Mobile Computing
Take your career sky-high with Cloud & Mobile Computing !
The number of smartphone uses worldwide is estimated to surpass 7 billion in 2021. Cloud and mobile computing promises the speed, agility and innovation to meeting consumer demand. Market explosion in cloud and mobile computing has created a massive demand in Silicon Valley for professionals equipped with advanced expertise.
Gain the advanced degree requirements you need to upgrade your salary, earn a promotion or bring your resume to the attention of hiring managers and recruiters by earning your Master of Science in Software Engineering, specialization in Cloud and Mobile Computing.
- Domestic Applicants: Applications due June 1, 2021; Documents due June 20, 2021
- International Applicants: Applications due April 1, 2021; Documents due April 20, 2021
Admissions reviews and decisions for this program will begin in February. We will continue to admit students on a rolling bases through the month of June.
- Outstanding Faculty: Industry leaders and academic experts offer a wide range of practical knowledge and experience in engineering and software development.
- Location, Location, Location: All courses are offered in Silicon Valley near high-tech employers and easily accessible from anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. You can complete your degree while holding an internship and/or continuing your career!
- Convenience: designed for working professionals and motivated students who want to earn advanced degrees through accelerated programs.
- Affordable Education: San Jose State University offers an outstanding educational value, and many local businesses will pay partial or full tuition for employees who enroll in graduate degree programs.
- Each course meets one night a week, for 16 weeks, following the SJSU academic calendar. Dependent on cohort path, courses may also meet on a few Saturdays.
- Classes are delivered year-round in fall, spring, and summer.
- There are 11 courses, for a total of 33 graduate-level units that fulfill the requirements
for earning a Master of Science in Software Engineering degree.
Students must satisfy the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement.
3000 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
For students graduating with MS Software Engineering degrees:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of software engineering, from vision to analysis, design, validation and deployment.
- Be able to tackle complex engineering problems and tasks, using contemporary engineering principles, methodologies and tools.
- Be able to demonstrate leadership and the ability to participate in teamwork in an environment with different disciplines of engineering, science and business.
- Be aware of ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate.
- Be able to advance successfully in the engineering profession, and sustain a process of lifelong learning in engineering or other professional areas.
- Be able to communicate effectively, in both oral and written forms.
Applying for admission to an off-campus cohort at San Jose State University is not a guarantee that the program will occur. Cohorts must meet minimum enrollment standards in order to take place. Please be aware that in the event a cohort does not launch due to low enrollment, any and all associated application fees cannot be refunded.