Cisco – MS Software Engineering, Specialization in Cybersecurity
Apply for Pre-Qualification
- Application Due July 1st, 2020
- Documents by July 20th, 2020
Academic Program Coordinator
This MS Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity program has been developed in collaboration with Cisco Systems. It combines existing San Jose State University courses and other elective courses, which have been customized for Cisco.
Students will gain hands-on experience in design, development, testing, and deployment of secure systems, as well as a solid understanding of organizational risk management and records integrity. Further distinguishing the SJSU Cybersecurity program is a strong operational understanding of how human factors influence the security of information systems.
The program is comprised of three stackable certificates:
- Advanced Certificate in Secure Software Engineering
- Advanced Certificate in Secure Test Engineering
- Advanced Certificate in Cyber Security Engineering.
A student will be able to move from a certificate holder to being awarded an advanced degree upon attaining all three certificates.
In today’s digital world, fewer than 10% of the estimated security talent is currently available in the workforce. According to a recent Cybersecurity Ventures report, there will be a shortfall of 3.5 million cybersecurity professionals by 2021.
Secure your future with an MS in Software Engineering, specialization in Cybersecurity!
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Graduating students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced knowledge of the practice of software engineering, from vision to analysis, design, validation and deployment.
- Tackle complex engineering problems and tasks, using contemporary engineering principles, methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrate leadership and an ability to participate in teamwork in an environment with different disciplines of engineering, science and business.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical, economic and environmental implications of their work, as appropriate.
- Successfully advance in the engineering profession and sustain a process of lifelong learning.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
Corporate Programs Requirement: You must be a current employee of the host company to enroll.
Applying for admission to an off-campus cohort at San Jose State University is not a guarantee that the program will occur. Cohorts must meet minimum enrollment standards in order to take place. Please be aware that in the event a cohort does not launch due to low enrollment, any and all associated application fees cannot be refunded.