SJSU Emergency Procedures
- Identify the closest and alternate emergency exits.
- During an evacuation, avoid elevators. Stay to the right on staircases, leaving space for emergency personnel.
- Find your building assembly point, where a manager will take attendance to identify missing people.
- Learn how to assist the disabled during an emergency.
- Unless there is a life threatening condition such as a fire, make sure it is safe to evacuate a building prior to pulling an alarm. Hazards such as falling debris after an earthquake may make it safer to stay indoors.
- The San Jose State University Police Department is an excellent source of emergency information.
- SJSU offers free, confidential counseling services. Students should call SJSU Counseling Services at 408-924-5910. Employees should call CONCERN: Employee Assistance Program at 1-800-344-4222.
- SJSU has installed many automated external defibrillators across campus. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files. Download Acrobat Reader.