Purposes of the Organization
- Help emeritus and retired faculty members maintain a continuing and fruitful association with the University.
- Keep emeritus and retired faculty informed of University affairs and develop means to facilitate their participation in the life of the University.
- Secure and enhance the status, rights, and privileges of the emeritus and retired faculty of San Jose State University.
- Encourage and facilitate the emeritus and retired faculty to continue their scholarly and professional activities (teaching, research, writing, consultation) as contributing members of the academic community of the University.
- Provide social, recreational, and educational programs for emeritus and retired faculty.
- Contribute to achievement of the University mission by such means as may be determined by Association members.
Benefits of Membership
SJSU ERFA provides an organization for members to keep a continuing association with the University. The social events provide a place to socialize with friends and to meet other retirees. Prior to the pandemic members attended social events which included fall and spring luncheons, a holiday reception in December, andan excursion during the spring semester. Special groups are being developed for members who enjoy movies, political discussions, bridge, etc; announcements about group events is broadcast on the organization listserve. Members can join the SJSU ERFA listserve to receive email notices of social events, news of SJSU, information regarding potential changes in emeritus faculty status, rights, and privileges, and use of research cubicle in the MLK Library (this is located on the 4th floor in the adminstrative area).
SJSU ERFA Office
SJSU ERFA maintains an office on campus, but it is not regularly staffed.
Location: MacQuarrie Hall 438D
Telephone: (408) 924-2478