If you have questions with remote learning and online exams with instructional technology tools, please file a iSupport request by visiting Engineering iSupport page and selecting Instructional Design.
- Proctorio Student Resources
Proctorio is one of the remote exam proctoring solutions. If your instructors use it to ensure exam security and integrity, they may record your video, audio, computer screen, and the testing environment. All exam takers will start the exam at the same time by accessing Canvas Quizzes. If you have any questions, please file a ticket.
Please review the Proctorio remote exam information before you take a Proctorio exam.
Proctorio only works on Google Chrome web browser, and it requires users to have the Proctorio Chrome extension installed with Chrome. Before taking a Proctorio exam on Canvas, you must
- Ensure your computer meet Proctorio minimum system requirements
- Install Google Chrome
- Install the latest Proctorio Chrome extension
✔ Find a quiet and suitable testing environment
✔ Have your student ID ready for Proctorio needs to confirm your identity (if your instructors enable this feature)
✔ Make sure your computer has a webcam and a microphone on your computer
✔ Meet system requirements
✔ Make sure you know how to use Live Chat if you have questions or need help.
How to access Live Chat
- Click the Shield icon in your Google Chrome web browser
- Click Live Chat button to connect with Proctorio support
<style="height: 200px;" img class="" src="/engineering/pics/id/live-chat.png" alt="live chat" />
Reinstall the Proctorio Extension
If you need to reinstall or update the Proctorio Chrome extension, you can follow the steps listed below to remove the Proctorio Chrome extension on your computer first and install the latest version.
- Click the More tools (three dots in the top upper right of the browser)
- Click Settings
- Click Extensions
Click Remove button to remove the existing Proctorio Chrome extension you have installed
- ProctorU Exam Information
If you are taking an online or a hybrid course and need to take an exam with online proctoring services, please contact your instructor and schedule an exam appoinemnt with ProctorU.
In addition, it's recommended you schedule an exam appointment with ProctorU at least 72 hours prior to your exam time in order to avoid paying a $5.00 late registration at your own cost.
Three days before taking your proctored exam, you are responsible to
- have your government issued ID (e.g. driver's license or passport) ready. The online proctor will verify your identity before you take the exam.
- make sure your computer has a webcam and a headset (microphone and speaker) in order to communicate with the online proctor.
- test your equipment to ensure equipment functions properly.
- verify technical requirements.
- find a quiet and suitable testing location.
During the exam
- log in to ProctorU's website at least 15-minutes earlier than the exam date.
- call 1-855-772-8678 if you have any technical challenge with ProctorU services.
- an online proctor will guide you through the exam process and verify your identification, explain the exam rules, verify your login information, verify your exam submission, etc.
If you would like to share your concerns regarding your experience with online proctoring services, please file an iSupport ticket.
Zoom is a web conferencing tool that can be used for class meetings, collaborations, training, etc. If you are taking a hybrid course, your instructor may use Zoom for real-time teaching, collabration, and communication.
How to Join a Zoom meeting
Please click the meeting link you received and follow the instruction. You also can join a Zoom meeting via mobile devices.
How to connect to the audio conferencing
- Select Phone Call tab
- Follow the list of the dial-in number and enter the phone number
- Enter the Zoom meeting ID and press # key
- Stay online if the meeting hasn’t started
Via computer (Please use a headset to avoid background noise.)
- Select Join Audio Conferencing by Computer tab
- Click Test Conferencing Mic and Speakers to make sure you select the mic and speakers you are going to use
- Click Join Audio Conferencing by Computer tab
- It’s recommended you mute your audio unless you want to ask or answer questions.
How to enable video via your computer
- Click the Video icon to start your video.
- Ensure there is a built-in webcam on your computer or you can use an external webcam.