Which activities are part of the GO program?
Any opportunities, events, and activities that help you prepare for your career count towards the program! Below is a list of examples, but the GO program is not limited to these alone.
Build Your Campus Community
- Attend a campus event (e.g., career fair, networking event)
- Sign-up for department's social media
- Join a student club/society
- Attend a career-oriented seminar (e.g., Dean's Career Conversation)
- Attend a department event (e.g., alumni networking mixer)
- Explore the SJSU Library's Engineering capabilities
- Be a tutor, mentor or mentee with another student on campus
Build Your Network
- Attend non-campus event (e.g., industry event)
- Tour an offsite facility
- Job shadow
- Meet with professionals in the market or join a professional membership group
- Attend a professional engineering event
- Present at a senior design showcase or expo
- Be a tutor, mentor or mentee with someone outside of SJSU
- Study abroad or with Braven
Build Your Skills
- Participate in a professional skill building workshop (e.g., resume writing, interviewing, presentation skills)
- Complete a Career Center 'Career Readiness Badge'
- Participate in an innovation contest
- Intern or volunteer in an engineering capacity
- Participate/Contribute towards research projects
- Complete the Fundamentals Engineering exam
- Create an online design portfolio
And there are many others! For more information about which activities and opportunities qualify for GO program points, see the GO Program Events/Activity Examples.