What To Take After ENGL 1A

What to Take After English 1A 

After English 1A, there are two options for taking a second composition course.

  • English 2 fulfills GE Area A3 requirements. Business majors are required to take this course. Students whose major does not require ENGL 2 may take any approved A3 Gen Ed course. Click here for a complete list.
  • English 1B satisfies GE Area C2: Letters. Some majors require ENGL 1B or the equivalent test score. These majors (with GE A3 waivers) include: Biochemistry, Marine Biology, Geology and Engineering (Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, General, Industrial and Systems, Materials, Mechanical, Software). Please consult with your advisor to confirm your requirements.  

Download decision chart.