Earth Day 2017
Bringing the Earth and Community Together, Earth Day San Jose. Live music and performances, guest speakers, food, and games!
- Thurs., April 20th | 10:00am - 7:00pm | SJSU (flyer)
Green Office Workshops 2018
In partnership with Sustainability @ SJSU, the SJSU Green Office Workshop will introduce the Green Office program to faculty and staff to bring back their departments. The Green Office program at SJSU encourages faculty and staff to help make their office more environmentally friendly. There will have a brief campus sustainability presentation, a walk through of the certification process and available resources to help make the workplace more sustainable, and additional support. Snacks and light refreshments will be provided (please bring your own cup or bottle).
- Thurs, September 25th | 12:00PM-1:15PM | Student Wellness Center
- Thurs, October 25th | 3pm-6pm | Mckinley Elementary School: 651 Macredes Ave., San Jose, CA 95116
- Tues, November 27th | 12:00PM-1:15PM | Student Wellness Center
R2SD/Ride to School Day
In partnership with Associated Students Transportation Solutions, Bicycle Express, and Vision Zero San Jose, this team hosts 2 ride-to-school days and works with Transportation Solutions to find new ways to develop their programs and outreach to students. Students will collect transportation data, educate attendees on transportation related issues, and engage with people at the event.
- Thurs, September 20th | 10AM-2PM | SJSU: 7th St. Plaza
- Tues, October 2nd | 10AM-2PM | SJSU: 7th St. Plaza
- Thurs, October 4th | 10AM-2PM | SJSU: 7th St. Plaza
Safe and Sane Green Halloween 2018
In partnership with CommUniverCity, an after school program at Mckinley Elementary School which helps to educate students on integrated waste management. They also support CommUniverCity's Safe & Green Halloween Community Fair where they help design Halloween costumes primarily using post-consumer materials. In addition, they also host a "plant and sip" event at the Campus Community Garden.
- Fri, October 25th | 3pm-6pm | Mckinley Elementary School: 651 Macredes Ave., San Jose, CA 95116
Take Back the Tap
In partnership with Resource Conservation, 2 events to promote the use of tap water on campus through research. Students will develop their own survey materials, collect data on water usage on campus, and analyze it with Dr.Trulio. This group will also work with Kristen Wonder to research how other CSU campuses have been able to implement a partial plastic water bottle ban.
- Thurs, September 13th | 10AM-2PM | SJSU: 7th St. Plaza
- Thurs, September 27th | 10AM-2PM | SJSU: 7th St. Plaza
- Thurs, October 11th | 10AM-2PM | SJSU: 7th St. Plaza