Graduating Seniors

How to Apply for Graduation

Application Deadlines
Determine if you are two semesters away from completing your degree requirements and view the deadlines to apply for graduation on the Office of the Registrar's website.

Graduation Advising Appointment
Make an advising appointment to complete graduation paperwork with the Department Chair, Dr. Lynne Trulio, before the filing deadline.

Graduation Application
Complete the Graduation Application [PDF] on the Office of the Registrar's website, which contains its own directions. Remember to sign and date the application (bottom of the second page).

Environmental Studies Major/Minor Form
The Environmental Studies Major/Minor Form will be completed during an advising appointment made with the Environmental Studies advisor, Dr. Lynne Trulio. If you would like to change your major, minor, or concentration then you will need to make an advising appointment with the Environmental Studies advisor.

Graduation Worksheet

Once your application packet has been submitted, a graduation worksheet will be sent to your preferred email address listed on MySJSU.  You will receive your worksheet the semester prior to graduation, as long as you submitted your graduation application packet before the deadline.  Please carefully review your graduation worksheet.  If you have questions regarding the worksheet, please contact the Environmental Studies Graduation Evaluator.

Substitution Form
If there are any course changes to the original Major/Minor Form submitted with the Graduation Application, complete the Substitution Form [PDF] on the Office of the Registrar's website.

    • Drop off the form in WSQ 118 to obtain the Chair's signature. You will be contacted when it is ready for pick up.
    • The form will be sealed in an envelope by the department. Submit the sealed envelope to Window R of the Office of the Registrar located in the Student Services Center.

Graduation Date Change
If you have submitted a Graduation Application but will not be able to complete your requirements by the end of your anticipated graduation term, complete the Graduation Date Change Form [PDF] on the Office of the Registrar's website.

    • Drop off the form in WSQ 118 to obtain the Chair's signature. You will be contacted when it is ready for pick up.
    • Submit the form to the Bursar's Office located in the Student Services Center to pay a non-refundable $10 processing fee.
    • Next, submit the form to Window R of the Office of the Registrar, also located in the Student Services Center.

Undergraduate Alumni Listserv
Opt out of the Undergraduate Listserv for current students and join the Undergraduate Alumni Listserv. Messages to alumni will focus on event, job, and internship announcements, which we hope you will find valuable.

Annual Graduation Ceremony

Degrees are conferred three times a year—in May, August, and December.  The date of the diploma reflects the term during which all the degree requirements were completed. Students graduating at the end of the spring semester and the following summer will attend the May University Commencement Ceremony that year.  Students completing all degree requirements in fall will attend the December University Commencement Ceremony for that year. The University will contact graduating seniors with information on the Commencement event. Information on the upcoming Commencement Ceremony can be found at


Past Graduation Ceremonies