Whether you are a new SJSU EOP student or a continuing student, make this semester the best one yet! Be informed and read everything that is sent to you from the university. As a student, you are expected to read and act upon required items by the appropriate deadlines.
EOP requirements are meant to support student’s personal and academic growth by connecting them with SJSU Campus Resources and EOP Services. Thus, creating a SJSU community and sense of belonging; while also having EOP students be involved in their education by developing the skills necessary to successfully achieve their personal, professional, and academic goals.
All EOP students have been emailed via Spartan Connect their assigned EOP Plan for the Spring 2023 semester on January 27, 2023.
- EOP First Year Frosh [pdf]
- EOP First Year Transfers [pdf]
- EOP Continuing (Second Year +) Students [pdf]
- Any exceptions you may have worked out with your prior advisor were for that semester only.
- EOP Program Status messages are sent out at the end of the semester. Please check your Spartan Connect and MySJSU messaging.
Fall 2022/Spring 2023/Fall 2023:
- Please note that with the close of the Fall 2022 semester, EOP students were not placed on EOP Probation for the Spring 2023 semester.
- It is important that you complete your requirements in their entirety every semester.
If you do not complete your Spring 2023 EOP requirements, you may be placed on EOP
probation at the end of the semester.
- You will not receive your Fall 2023 EOP Grant.
- The EOP Grant Hold will be placed on your account over the summer- this hold does not prevent the adding or dropping of classes.
- EOP Grant holds will be released in December 2023, only if you complete your requirements in the fall.
- If you are on probation at the end of Spring 2023, and do not complete your Fall 2023 requirements, you will be removed from EOP, lose EOP services and EOP grant.
EOP PROBATION POLICY
- If a student is not in good standing with EOP Plan Requirements, the student will be placed on EOP Probation, and a hold will be placed on the EOP Grant for the following semester. The hold will not be removed until requirements have been completed and verified at the end of the following semester. The hold does not affect ability to register for classes, nor affect any other financial aid.
- A second, consecutive semester of non-compliance with plan requirements will result in removal from EOP and a loss of services and the EOP Grant.
- EOP Probation status is separate from SJSU’s academic probation standing.