Career Versus School: Life After SJSU
On Thursday November 19th, the ESSC, Career Center, and Graduate Admissions (GAPE) hosted a Career versus School; Life After SJSU event where they discussed the benefits of choosing career or school after SJSU and the differences between the two.
Benefits of Choosing Career First:
- Start hands-on experience towards something you studied.
- Pay off student loan, etc.
- Job can pay potentially for graduate school.
- Might be burned out from school and work is a change of pace
Benefits of Choosing Graduate School First:
- Can start career at a potentially higher pay
- Can make more networking opportunities
- Continue momentum from being in graduate school
- Financial aid may look different if you work full-time and you may be given more aid since you have not worked full time.
Benefits of Staying at SJSU for Graduate School:
- Comfortable with the resources available to you
- Already have a support system of advisers, faculty, and friends
- Adjusted to the pace of semester system at SJSU
Benefits of Choosing Another School for Graduate School;
- Expand your horizons and network with other staff and faculty and student
- Opportunities for Graduate Assistantships
- Get to explore a new setting