Career Resources for Engineering
SJSU Career Center provides career guidance and development for all SJSU students and alumni including Career Fairs, Career Resources, advice for International Students, Diversity and Inclusion, and more.
Special Career Events
- Career Fairs and Events
- Register on Handshake
- Graduate & Professional Programs Fair
- Connect with recruiters, gather information about research and Ph.D. program options, and ask questions in an informal setting.
- Last held Fall 2021; check back for updates.
- Virtual Job/Internship Fairs
- Register on Handshake
- Career Crunch Weeks
- Refer to the CoE Student Newsletter (emailed weekly) and the Canvas course "Your Journey to Career Readiness @SJSUEngineering" for details about specific events.
- Canvas courses and modules, based on career development and design theories:
- Sign up for Student Resource Groups - Fall 2021 (YJ2CR)
- Check your resume with VMock.
- Live feeds of jobs/internships on Handshake career pathways page.
- Launch Your Career to access the Career Guides: Resume/Cover Letter, Job & Internship Search, Interviewing, Applying to Graduate School, Graduate Student Career Guide, and more.
- See the recording of a webinar from Handshake on how to attend a virtual career fair.
- Watch a YouTube video on creating a strong Linkedin Profile.
- Network with SJSU2 Mentoring and Meetups
- Make Quick Connections with alumni and industry professionals.
- Watch a LinkedIn video on networking with SJSU Alumni.
- Learn what CoE student organizations and SJSU Student Involvement are all about.
- Find the IBM Academic Initiative, LinkedIn Skills Tests, and LinkedIn Learning through one.SJSU.
- Watch a past Silicon Valley Leaders Symposium (SVLS) talk on YouTube.
- Virtual Career Tips & Tools handout [pdf] (from Sept. 17, 2020)
- Spartan Engineer Success events (through ESSC) for students at all levels
- Spartan Success Series webinars from SJSU Alumni
- Guide to Applying for Grad School [pdf]
The Career Center has many resources available. Current undergraduate students can request Zoom or in-person appointments through Spartan Connect. (Select 'Career' as the 'Care Unit', and then Engineering students select ESSC as the location.)
Recent alumni and graduate students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Schedule an appointment with a career counselor
Thanks to Lisa Francesca (CoE Communications Specialist) for compiling this tremendously helpful list! Read the weekly CoE Student News (emailed to your sjsu.edu account) for timely information about resources, events, and career opportunities for CoE students and alumni.