Important Announcements & Deadline Dates
- Upload documents using the link provided on your To Do list.
- If income tax information is required, you may submit copies of tax returns: tax return transcript OR 1040 form(s), use the upload link on your To Do list.
Summer Financial Aid
Enrolled in summer courses? Complete a summer financial aid application
Awarding and To-Do List Items
- Financial aid award is based on the submission and completion of To-Do List items.
- Only students selected for verification will have items posted in their To-Do list.
Verification is a process where the Department of Education (DOE), California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) or SJSU selects applications for further review. If you have been selected for verification, SJSU will be comparing information from your financial aid application with your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) and/or your parents’ Income Tax Return or with W-2 forms or other documents. Federal and state regulations state we have the right to ask for this information before awarding aid.
- If you were not selected for verification you will not have documents assigned to your To-Do List. Continue to monitor your To Do List frequently for any changes.
May 15, 2020 - PRIORITY FILE completion date
If you have been selected for verification, your award is based on the completion of your To-Do list items in a timely manner. To be considered for maximum funding for Fall 2020 - Spring 2021, ALL requested financial aid documents must be completed by 4:30pm on the file complete date. We will accept and process verification documents after the priority deadline, however you may NOT be considered for maximum funding.
Applications may be submitted after March 2, however, eligibility for maximum funding will have been missed.
Remember, FAFSA/Dream Act application process begins every year on: October 1
Due to limited funding availability, you must submit your FAFSA/Dream Act application in early October (as soon as the application is available) to be considered for priority funding.
An overview of the financial aid process.
Temporarily defers payment and prevents enrollment cancellation.
Satisfactory Academic Progress HOLDS
Students not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will result in a financial aid hold. For more information, view What is satisfactory academic progress?
April 17, 2020 - last day to submit Spring 2020, SAP petition
Academic Year 2019/2020 (Fall/Spring)
- April 24, 2020 - deadlineto accept loans and to submit PLUS loan application for the academic year (Fall/Spring) or Spring 2020, only.
Academic Year 2020/2021 (Fall/Spring)
- December 1, 2020 - deadline to accept loans and to submit PLUS loan application for one term enrollment, Fall 2020, only
- April 26, 2021 - deadline to accept loans and to submit PLUS loan application for the academic year (Fall/Spring) or Spring 2020, only.
Payment due dates