Occupational Health and Safety Programs
The Occupational Health and Safety Program is developed to respond to identified hazards in the workplace. The goal is to manage hazards that exist in the workplace by applying the Hierarchy of Controls.
Hierarchy of Controls from Most to Least Effective
- Elimination or Substitution of the Hazardous Condition
- Reduce energy, speed, use less hazardous materials.
- Engineering Controls
- Ventilation, machine guarding, interlocks.
- Odor in natural gas, signs, labels, horns, beepers.
- Training and Administrative Controls
- Job procedures, lockout, and confined space entry.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, respiratory protection, back belts, ear plugs.
Occupational Health and Safety Program List
- Asbestos, Lead and Mold Work
- Confined Space Entry
- Diving & Boating Safety
- Electrical Safety and Lockout
- Fall Protection
- Forklift and Aerial Lifts
- Hearing Conservation
- Respiratory Protection
- Hazard Communication