Non Project Campus Move requests
Following the guidelines and process below will allow the FD&O moving specialist to efficiently plan and coordinate all non-project related moves using both internal and contracted moving resources, and ensure that all chargeable moves are correctly billed to the requesters.
- All move requests are to be initiated via an i-Service Desk request. Emails, voice mails or faxes are accepted as an FYI only.
- When planning moves, contact Information Technology Services to coordinate the relocation of phones and data lines. If you need further assistance please contact your department technical staff.
- Upon receipt of request, the Moving Services Specialist will determine if the work can be completed by in-house university movers or through contracted movers utilizing the master FD&O agreement.
- The Moving specialist will work with the client on requirements of the move and scheduling work based on timelines and resources. FD&O is responsible for authorizing, coordinating, and scheduling with contract movers. All moves utilizing contract movers are chargeable to the requesting organization.
- Prior to any chargeable moves taking place:
- Estimates for moves must be approved by the requestor and a work order issued by FD&O; or
- The requestor can request Time and Materials (T&M). This can be done by stating "Time & Materials" or "Bill Actual" and include a the chart field Id in the "request" section of the i-Service Desk request. By requesting T&M the customer agrees to the actual cost (labor and materials) it takes the movers to complete the move. An FD&O work order will then be issued and costs will be billed accordingly.
- i-Service requests for non-chargeable moves must be submitted at least three days prior to required move (a week is preferred). i-Service requests for chargeable moves must be submitted 1-2 weeks prior to the required move, which will allow time for the move to be estimated by the Moving Specialist, and for the estimate to be approved by the requestor. A work request will not be issued unless the approved estimate has been received by FD&O. No moves can be scheduled without a work order in place.