Occupational Health and Safety Programs
The Occupational Health and Safety Program is developed to respond to identified hazards in the workplace. The goal is to manage hazards that exist in the workplace by applying the Hierarchy of Controls.
Hierarchy of Controls from Most to Least Effective
- Elimination or Substitution of the Hazardous Condition
- Reduce energy, speed, use less hazardous materials.
- Engineering Controls
- Ventilation, machine guarding, interlocks.
- Odor in natural gas, signs, labels, horns, beepers.
- Training and Administrative Controls
- Job procedures, lockout, and confined space entry.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety glasses, respiratory protection, back belts, ear plugs.
Occupational Health and Safety Program List
Asbestos, Lead and Mold Work
- Asbestos Program [pdf]
- EPA Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings [pdf]
- Alternate EPA Mold Remediation from EPA Website
Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Entry Program [pdf]
- Confined Space Entry Permit [pdf]
- Confined Space Entry Presentation [pdf]
Diving and Boating Safety
Electrical Safety and Lockout
- Electrical Safety and Energy Control Program [pdf]
- Lockout Procedure Form [pdf]
- Lockout Training Slides [pdf]