Hazardous Materials

Contact the Hazardous Materials Specialist at cgowda@sjsu.edu or ext. 42152 to dispose of the following:

  • Paint, paint thinners, spray cans
  • Chemicals
  • Solvents (gas, antifreeze)
  • Fluorescent light tubes and bulbs
  • Lubricants and motor oil
  • Oil contaminated articles
  • Pesticides
  • Asbestos
  • Used respirator cartridges
  • Contaminated soil
  • Any product labeled toxic, poison, or flammable