Submit SAT/ACT Scores
Freshman applicants are required to take the SAT (Math and EBRW) or ACT and have their
official scores submitted to SJSU or another California State University regardless
of grade point average. The SAT/ACT writing portion is not used for admission or placement
purposes at SJSU.
Fall 2020 Applicants:
SJSU must receive official SAT or ACT scores by Friday, Jan 10, 2020.
Submit All Scores
If the SAT or ACT test is taken more than once, we will “superscore” or give students the benefit of recalculating the highest overall official score from the highest component subscores received within each test (ACT or SAT) across all test dates, instead of the highest total score received from a single test date. Scores listed on your transcript or unofficial scores listed on your application for admission will not be accepted as a substitute.
|Test||Final Test Date||Scores Due at SJSU|
|SAT||December 7, 2019*||January 10, 2020|
|ACT||October 26, 2019||January 10, 2020|
*You may take the December SAT exam, however, you must rush your scores or risk missing the deadline to be considered for admission.
Submitting SAT and/or ACT Test Scores is a Two-Step Process
Your official scores must attach in Cal State Apply for SJSU to receive them.
- Request that your official scores are sent to any California State University. The California State University Apply SAT code (for all CSU's) is 3594 and the SJSU SAT code is 4687. The SJSU ACT school code is 0410.
- Ensure that your scores attach in Cal State Apply by confirming that you have entered the correct College Board ID (for SAT) or ACT ID in Cal State Apply. Please see detailed instructions below.
After you submit your official scores and see the official scores posted on your Cal State Apply application, please allow up to five days for processing. You will know when your scores have been processed because your “To Do List” item will no longer be visible in your MySJSU Student Center. If you receive a reminder to submit official test scores posted to your MySJSU account, this means that we do not have your official test scores attached to your application.
SJSU holds applicants to stated deadlines. Failure to submit official test scores and take the necessary steps to have your test scores attach to your file by the deadline will result in the withdrawal of your application.
How to Submit and Attach ACT Scores to Your File:
- Request your scores at act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/scores.html
- Send your scores to any California State University. The SJSU school code is #0410
- You will need to sign in to Cal State Apply, navigate to Academic History, add an ACT test and include your ACT ID (you will need to add the test again if you did not include your ACT ID the first time you entered your test information).
How to Submit and Attach SAT Scores to Your File:
- Request your SAT scores from the College Board at sat.collegeboard.org/scores/send-sat-scores
- Send your scores to the California State University Apply code of 3594. The SJSU code is 4687
- Your College Board ID must be entered on your Cal State Apply application. For instructions
on how to find your College Board ID, visit:
You will need to sign in to Cal State Apply, navigate to Academic History, add an SAT test and include your College Board ID (you will need to add the test again if you did not include your College Board ID the first time you entered your test information).
To take a free practice exam to prepare for the SAT, visit khanacademy.org/sat