FAQ about MSE in general
Who are the MSE advisor and how should I reach them?
What/how many units or courses does the MSE program require?
MSE program requires 30 units. This 30 units includes 12 units from 4 required courses and 18 units (6 courses) from approved elective units. The 4 required courses are:
- ENGR 201 Engineering Analysis
- ENGR 202 Systems Engineering (GWAR)
- ENGR 295A Master Project I
- ENGR 295B Master Project II
How long will it take me to complete the program?
If you take 9 units (3 courses) every semester, the MSE program can be completed in 2 years.
Are there any scholarship opportunities in MSE?
Currently, MSE does not offer scholarships to students. There are student assistant positions and other on-campus work opportunities. However, these opportunities are typically only offered to current students, not incoming students.
I am an international student. Would I be eligible for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT) after I graduated from MSE program?
When can I start my Curricular Practical Training (CPT)?
The required conditions for MSE students to start CPT are as follows:
- Completed all admission conditions.
- Overall SJSU GPA 3.0 or better.
- Be a classified MSE graduate student.
- Must be in full-time status for one academic year (2 semesters).
- Enroll in a 3-unit ENG298I.
Additional information about CPT can be found here.