2020 Elections Programming
This collaborative initiative strives to educate our students on the importance of civic engagement, bring visibility to the 2020 elections, and engage students in the democratic process.
As students engage in Elections Programming this Fall, our hopes are that they will be able to:
- Express the importance of voting and civic engagement
- Inform voters on the multiple ways of how to vote
- Increase their confidence in their ability to understand ballot content in order to make informed voting decisions
- Compare and contrast opposing viewpoints on various issues
- Recognize how the results of the election can impact individuals and the local and global community
- Identify opportunities for continued participation and engagement regardless of one’s right to vote
The calendar of events for election-related programming will take place from Monday, September 21 through Friday, November 13.
- Monday, October 5 through Friday, October 9: National Voter Registration Week
- Monday, October 19
- Deadline to register online to vote in California
- Deadline for registering by mail to vote in California
- Tuesday, November 3:
- Election Day
- Deadline to register in person to vote in California
- Mailed ballots must be postmarked on or before this date
Not sure if you're registered to vote? Visit vote.org to check.
Programs & Events
Monday, September 21
Tuesday, September 22
Wednesday, September 30
Monday, October 5
Wednesday, October 7
Friday, October 9
Tuesday, October 13
Wednesday, October 14
Thursday, October 22
Thursday, October 29
Wednesday, November 4
Are you a faculty or staff member planning an elections-related program? Submit your program to be included on this website and the Sammy app elections program tile! Just fill out our Google form!