Resources for Chapter Leaders & Advisors
This page includes all important resources and forms that fraternity and sorority leaders are required to complete in accordance with the most updated Greek Management Manual (GMM).
- Recognized Student Organization (RSO) Handbook [pdf]
- Greek Management Manual (GMM) 2019-2020 [Live Google Doc]
Spring 2020 Dates
- Visit our community calendar for important deadlines, events, and more! Greek Life Community Calendar
- Timeline for Spring 2020 [Live Google Doc]
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Interest and Eligibility Form [Google Form]
- All potential/new members are required to complete the Fraternity & Sorority Interest & Eligibility form. By completing this form, you are giving Student Involvement permission to share your eligibility with the fraternities and sororities for potential membership.
- Intent to Participate in Recruitment/Intake Activities [Google Form]
- Deadline for Fall: August 1
- Deadline for Spring: January 1
- Substance-Free Recruitment Waiver Form [Google Form]
- All chapters, regardless of if actively recruiting new members or not, must adhere to the rules and regulations set forth for the Substance-Free or ‘Dry Recruitment’ Period. This is a an alcohol and substance-free time frame at the beginning of each semester determined by Student Involvement.
- Chapters may request an exception to this period through a Substance-Free Recruitment waiver. Waivers are granted and approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Deadline: Waivers must be submitted no later than January 1 (for Spring recruitment) and August 1 (for Fall recruitment).
- Potential/New Member Education Plan [Google Form]
- Chapters must submit their full potential/new member process plans for approval by the Greek Life staff by the first day of classes each semester.
- No potential/new member processes can begin each semester without approval from Student Involvement.
- Deadline: First Day of Classes
Membership Management Forms
- Potential / New Member Agreement Form [pdf] (PDF)
- Any potential/new member must complete a Potential/New Member Agreement Form within the same semester of the start of an intake process.
- Active Member Agreement Form (2019-2020 version coming soon!)
- Change in Chapter Officer Roster Form [Google Form]
- It is expected that chapter officer and council leader information is updated with Student Involvement at all times.
- Complete this form each semester or as needed with new officer contact information. Please contact your council advisor or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Change in Membership Form [Google Form]
- Any potential/new/active members who have had a change in status (including withdrawal before initiation) must complete the Change in Membership Form.
- Deadline: Within 72 hrs (3 days) of the status change.
- Used to report the following membership status changes:
- Return to active status
- Removal/inactivity for Active & New Members
- Graduating Seniors/Early Alumni Status
- Study Abroad
Social Event Forms
- Social Event Registration Form [pdf]
- Deadline: 7 Business Days Prior to Event
- No events are being registered amidst COVID-19 until further notice due to CDC and Santa Clara County guidelines. Per the GMM: Events with alcohol may not be held during the Substance-Free Recruitment Period, Final Exams, Winter Break, Spring Break, and summer breaks.