The inaugural Global Spartan Scholarship was created by International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) in fall 2020 to recognize and provide financial support to our new and continuing international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Applicants for this scholarship must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, commitment to globalization/international education, and financial need.
The application is open to students who are seeking to earn a degree from San José State University in F-1 status. Short-term or non-degree seeking students are not eligible. Students must plan to be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student for the following academic year.
If you have recently applied or been accepted to SJSU, please apply as a new SJSU Student.
If you are currently taking classes at SJSU as an enrolled student, apply as a current SJSU Student.
|Sign up to receive more info|
How to Apply
The application period is from March 22, 2021 to April 11, 2021.
- Login to your SJSU Academic Works account
- Complete the "General Application"
- Search for "Global Spartan Scholarship"
- Between $3000 - $4000 for first academic year, to be disbursed on a semester basis.
- Each applicant can only be awarded the scholarship once.
- Fall 2021 GPA will determine continued eligibility for the scholarship in spring 2022.
Selection is based on a comprehensive and holistic review of application materials, including written essays, GPA, test scores, and other evidence of scholastic ability and academic achievement.
- Must be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student for the 2021-2022 academic year;
- Must be an active student at SJSU for the following academic year.
- Scholarship Merit and Leadership Impact: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Leadership Impact: Applicants should demonstrate leadership in their involvement with their current campus and community.
- Financial Need: Applicants should show how this scholarship will impact and contribute to their continued educational success at SJSU. Please indicate your plans for funding your education for the next academic year. Examples may include, but are not limited to: personal funds, family funds, loans, scholarships, and government funding. Please also describe any personal or family circumstances that may affect your need for financial support.
Apply as a current student at SJSU: sjsu.edu/isss/resources/scholarship.
To learn more about SJSU, join a virtual info session.
Check out other scholarship opportunties at SJSU by clicking here.