How to Apply for Graduation


Department Convocation

Please contact your Graduation Evaluator regarding your degree/diploma.
Note: Please look for CHHS assigned Evaluator.

Undergraduate Students

Complete (signed by your advisor) and turn in your HTEM major form to the department office 1 year in advance of the date you plan to graduate. This will help us with scheduling of courses.


Hospitality Management Baccalaureate Students

  • Apply for graduation online in your MySJSU portal under the My Academics tab. 
  • Fill out your HTEM major form entirely. For classes taken during the filing semester, put IP (in progress) for grades. For classes taken after the filing date, use semester and year for grades (for example Fall18=F18, Spring19=S19).
  • Make an appointment to see your assigned HTEM Advisor.
    • Bring attached to your major form a copy of your unofficial transcripts and any minor forms.
    • The Advisor will go through the major form with you and answer any questions you have related to graduation.
    • Once signed by your advisor, you should bring all materials to the HTEM office (MH 407) for the chair to review and sign. Plan on at least 48 hours for your form to be signed by the Chair.
  • Once your form is signed, turn in to the HTEM student assistant and the department will submit it for you. 
  • It is your responsibility to:
  1. Apply online
  2. Submit major form
  3. Follow up with degree evaluator