Business English for Working Professionals
Many business professionals in Silicon Valley need to improve their English communication skills but are not able to take regular classes at International Gateways. Their time is limited due to professional as well as personal commitments. This class will provide concentrated instruction in effective business communications with a focus on speaking and writing efficiently in today’s fast paced working environment.
Schedule: 8 weeks for the following Wednesdays:
- January 17, 24, 31
- February 7, 14, 21, 28
- March 6
Time: 6:00 to 7:30 PM - All work to be done during class time with no homework
Minimum class size: 6
Location: SJSU campus
Missing classes: Students must provide notice 24 hours in advance. No refund for any missed classes.
To apply: Fill out the online application here.
For further information: email us here.
- Determine topics relevant to the participants
- Research and review relevant situations and vocabulary
- Develop scenarios and perform roleplays
- Video record roleplays
- Debrief and review roleplays
- Address cross-cultural topics in business communication
- Writing effective emails easily
- Presenting ideas clearly in various settings
- Participating in meetings
- Leading discussions or meetings
- Interacting in online meetings
Rick Murno has over 20 years of experience teaching languages at various levels to diverse audiences. Previously, he had 10 years' experience in high tech marketing at Silicon Valley companies. In addition to teaching ESL at International Gateways since 2011, he has provided training in business communication skills to both non-native and native English-speaking Silicon Valley professionals at companies such as Oracle and PwC.