Mission: International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) cultivates a supportive and inclusive community by centralizing immigration advising resources and co-curricular support programming for F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars. We are committed to the success and well-being of SJSU’s international community and strive to enhance the student and scholar educational and social experiences throughout their time at SJSU and beyond.
Vision: SJSU ISSS welcomes, supports, and empowers international students and scholars to thrive academically, professionally, and personally. ISSS is committed to creating an inclusive campus culture, supporting international students and scholars' holistic development, whilst contributing to the growth of SJSU's global community.
Goal #1: Maintain a Student Centered Approach
- Continue to provide relevant student centered advising, services, and programming to meet the needs of international students, scholars, and recent graduates on OPT/STEM OPT.
- Provide expert immigration knowledge and advice to our students and scholars, while maintaining a student-centered approach.
Goal #2: Foster Campus Internationalization
- Contribute to campus comprehensive internationalization by promoting global learning and providing collaborative opportunities for our students, scholars, faculty, and staff.
Goal #3: Champion International Student Advocacy & Campus Education
- Advocate for international students through campus engagement and education on salient issues and policies that affect international students and scholars across campus.
Goal #4: Commit to Team Development and Success
- Provide the training, technology, and tools for staff to be successful and continue
- Ensure that all voices help formulate group decision-making.
- Serve as a model for the rest of the campus for high performance, team mentality, and approach.