To maintain full-time status, F-1 students can enroll at another institution concurrently*. Per F-1 regulations, a full-time course load is a minimum of 12 units total for undergraduate students, and a minimum of 9 units total for graduate students. Of this minimum, ONLY one course (3-4 units) of online coursework** may be counted towards the full-time enrollment per immigration regulations. You MUST be enrolled in at least 6 units at SJSU.
- You will need to fill out the Concurrent Enrollment Form and submit it to the ISSS office along with proof of your enrollment at the other school.
- Proof of enrollment can be a screenshot of your course schedule that includes your name, institution name, term of registration, units, in person or online course, the duration of the course(s), and the course title.
- The course(s) you will be concurrently enrolled in must be at least 6 weeks in duration.
- If the course you take at another institution is an online course, then your courses at SJSU will need to be in-person courses.
- You must be able to enroll at the other college before the ‘last date to add’ classes for the semester at SJSU.
- You must submit an unofficial transcript to ISSS upon the completion of the course(s).
*If you need a Community College Letter, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Due to COVID-19 and the current SEVP guidance, you can enroll in all online courses in Fall 2020.