International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS)
International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) centralizes immigration advising resources and co-curricular support programming for international students and scholars on campus. Our goal is to serve the needs of our international students and scholars and to enhance their experience in the United States and to integrate them into our community, while also contributing to their success during their tenure at SJSU and beyond.
Immigration Guidelines for the 2022-2023 academic year
On April 18, 2022, the Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) confirmed that the March 2020 guidance will continue for the 2022-2023 academic year. ISSS will email you and update our website if there are any changes. At this time, we ask that you take extra precautions and review the CDC guidelines regularly before you travel.
SJSU follows CSU policy for vaccination requirements:
Make sure you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will need to submit proof of your COVID-19 vaccination record and/or request for a medical exemption.
- Report your vaccination status using the COVID-19 Vaccine Self-Certification form.
- Submit verification on the Student Health Center Patient Portal.
For the latest vaccination updates from SJSU visit this vaccination page.
ISSS will continue to update our FAQ pages for current and new students. Please know that we remain committed to all of our Global Spartans, current and new.
News & Updates
- In-Person & Zoom Advising Appointments (new schedule starting August 22nd) -Drop by during walk-in advising (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2-4 pm) or schedule a virtual advising appointment with an international student advisor. Learn more about the exact schedule by going HERE.
- In-Person & Zoom Front Desk Q/A - Have a quick question? Join our Front Desk Q/A! Either walk in for in-person advising or join the front desk Q/A zoom session, Monday through Friday. The detailed schedule is available HERE. If your question is brief, please choose this option rather than booking an appointment.
- F-1 FAQ for Covid-19 - We have compiled a FAQ list based on your queries. This FAQ addresses travel, employment, online courses, Credit/No-Credit courses, etc. during the Covid-19 pandemic. Prior to scheduling an appointment with us, please review this FAQ.