Frequently Asked Questions- Students
Q1: What if my access to the e-form is denied?
A: E-forms are only available to F-1 and J-1 students and scholars. If you are in another visa type you will not have access to e-forms.
Troubleshoot the following prior to contacting the ISSS office.
- You might have issues logging in one.sjsu.edu or SJSU DUO authentication. Please create a ticket to the IT Help Desk to resolve your login issue.
- Our e-forms work great in Google Chrome. Please always use Google Chrome for iSpartan.
- Open an incognito or private browser window.
Q2: What if I do not receive my Limited Access PIN in my personal email?
A: The PIN is sent to your personal email as provided in your MySJSU account. If you no longer have access to that email, please contact ISSS.
Q3: What should I do if I had submitted an e-form to the wrong Academic Advisor?
A: We encourage you to discuss the matter with your academic advisor prior to submitting
your e-form. Check with your department about who is the appropriate advisor to receive
and review your e-form. Log-in to retrieve the e-form you had submitted, do the following:
- Click the "Cancel" button at the bottom of the E-Form
- Complete a new e-form request
- Please note, taking this action may reset your place in the application processing
Q4: What if I received an error message (eg. Bad Request) that my e-form cannot be
A: Check the following criteria.
- The size of each uploaded document must be less than 500KB.
- The name of your attachment must not contain any special characters (eg. |, &, *).
Q5: My e-form has been approved. How do I submit a new e-form for the next semester?
A: Go to the bottom e-form and click “New”. It will allow you to complete a new eform.