Global Spartan Scholarship
The inaugural Global Spartan Scholarship was created by ISSS in fall 2020 to recognize and provide financial support to our continuing, matriculated international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Applicants for this scholarship must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, commitment to globalization/international education and financial need.
Awards: There will be 10 awards of $2500 applied toward the students’ tuition for Spring 2021: five awards for graduate students and five for undergraduates.
How to Apply
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
November 15, 2020
11:59 PM PST
Selection is based on a comprehensive and holistic review of application materials, including written essays, GPA, test scores, and other evidence of scholastic ability and academic achievement.
- Must be a fully matriculated student in F-1 status;
- Must maintain legal F-1 status;
- Must be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student*;
- Must have a minimum SJSU cumulative GPA of 3.5 (graduate students) and 3.3 (undergraduate students);
- Must have completed at least one semseter at SJSU at time of application;
- Must be an active student at SJSU for the following academic year.
*Must be enrolled in at least 7 units, if spring 2021 is your final semester or if concurrently enrolled at another institution.
Preference will go to students who demonstrate:
- Scholarship Merit and Leadership Impact: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (graduate applicants) and 3.3. Or higher (undergraduate applicants). Applicants should demonstrate leadership in their involvement with the campus and community.
- Global Impact: Applicants should show their commitment to globalization, diversity, and, ultimately, international education. How has, or how will the applicant promote international education? How can the applicant demonstrate their commitment to diversity?
- Financial Need: Applicants should show how this scholarship will impact their ability to pay for tuition and contribute to their continued success at SJSU.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com