Global Spartan Scholarship
The inaugural Global Spartan Scholarship was created by ISSS in fall 2020 to recognize and provide financial support to our new and continuing, matriculated international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Applicants for this scholarship must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, commitment to globalization/international education and financial need.
Awards: Scholarships will be awarded to both current and incoming new international students for the 2023-2024 academic year. The number and amount of scholarships available are yet to be determined, and will be disbursed on a semester basis: once in the fall and once in the spring. Fall 2023 GPA will determine continued eligibility for the scholarship in spring 2024. Past recipients of the Global Spartan Scholarship are ineligible to apply.
If you are currently taking classes at SJSU as an enrolled student, apply as a current SJSU Student. The GS scholarship for current students is managed by ISSS. Questions may be directed to email@example.com
If you have recently applied or been accepted to SJSU, apply as a new SJSU Student. The GS scholarship for new students is managed by International Recruitment and Partnerships. Please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How to Apply (Current Students)
The application period for current students is from March 20, 2023 to April 24, 2023. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Access the SJSU Spartan Scholarships platform.
2. Complete the "General Application" first.
3. Next, apply for all SJSU scholarships you might be eligible for, including the Global Spartan Scholarship.
Application Deadline for Current Students:
April 24, 2023
11:59 PM PST
Eligibility Requirements for Current Students:
Selection is based on a comprehensive and holistic review of application materials, including written essays, GPA, test scores, and other evidence of scholastic ability and academic achievement. New students, please view this page for more information.
- Must be a fully matriculated student in F-1 status;
- Must maintain legal F-1 status;
- Must be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student*;
- Must have a minimum SJSU cumulative GPA of 3.5 (graduate students) and 3.3 (undergraduate students);
- Must have completed at least one semseter at SJSU at time of application;
- Must be an active student at SJSU for the following academic year.
*Must be enrolled in at least 7 units, if spring 2024 is your final semester or if concurrently enrolled at another institution.
Scholarship Qualifications for Current Students
Preference will go to students who demonstrate:
- Scholarship Merit and Leadership Impact: For current studens, applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (graduate applicants) and 3.3. Or higher (undergraduate applicants). For new students, applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Leadership Impact: Applicants should demonstrate leadership in their involvement with their current campus and community.
- Global Impact: Applicants should show their commitment to globalization, diversity, and, ultimately, international education. How has, or how will the applicant promote international education? How can the applicant demonstrate their commitment to diversity?
- Financial Need: Applicants should show how this scholarship will impact their ability to pay for tuition and contribute to their continued success at SJSU.
- Current SJSU students, please email email@example.com
- If you have recently applied or have been admitted to SJSU, please contact International Recruitment and Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org