Global Spartan Scholarship
The inaugural Global Spartan Scholarship was created by ISSS in fall 2020 to recognize and provide financial support to our continuing, matriculated international students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Applicants for this scholarship must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, commitment to globalization/international education and financial need.
Awards: Scholarships will be awarded to both current and incoming new international students for the 2021-2022 academic year. The number and amount of scholarships available for 2021-2022 are yet to be determined, and will be disbursed on a semester basis: once in the fall and once in the spring. Fall 2021 GPAs will determine continued eligibility for the scholarship in spring 2022.
How to Apply
The application period is from March 22, 2021 to April 4, 2021. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Login to your SJSU Academic Works account.
2. Complete the "General Application".
3. Search for "Global Spartan Scholarship".
April 4, 2021
11:59 PM PST
Selection is based on a comprehensive and holistic review of application materials, including written essays, GPA, test scores, and other evidence of scholastic ability and academic achievement.
- Must be a fully matriculated student in F-1 status;
- Must maintain legal F-1 status;
- Must be enrolled full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate or 9 units as a graduate student*;
- Must have a minimum SJSU cumulative GPA of 3.5 (graduate students) and 3.3 (undergraduate students);
- Must have completed at least one semseter at SJSU at time of application;
- Must be an active student at SJSU for the following academic year.
*Must be enrolled in at least 7 units, if spring 2021 is your final semester or if concurrently enrolled at another institution.
Preference will go to students who demonstrate:
- Scholarship Merit and Leadership Impact: Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher (graduate applicants) and 3.3. Or higher (undergraduate applicants). Applicants should demonstrate leadership in their involvement with the campus and community.
- Global Impact: Applicants should show their commitment to globalization, diversity, and, ultimately, international education. How has, or how will the applicant promote international education? How can the applicant demonstrate their commitment to diversity?
- Financial Need: Applicants should show how this scholarship will impact their ability to pay for tuition and contribute to their continued success at SJSU.
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org