Below is a list of forms available for International Student Advising. Some forms are in .PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat to view, fill out and print.
- 24-Month STEM OPT (Please visit the STEM-OPT section of our website to view the online tutorials)
- I-983 Form for 24-Month Extension
- Employment Update Report Form (STEM-OPT Extension Recipients ONLY!)
- SEVP Portal Access Form
- Curricular Practical Training (Students must view CPT Tutorial before submitting)
- Pre & Post Optional Practical Training (Students must view OPT Tutorial before submitting)
- Volunteering vs. Unpaid Internship/Employment
Sample Applications & Instructions
- I-765 Completion Guide for Pre/Post-Completion OPT & STEM-Extension OPT
- I-983 Sample Application
- I-983 Instructions
- OPT Filing Tips & Reminders
- Express Mail Instructions-UPS
- Express Mail Instructions-FedEx
- Photo Requirements for Pre, Post, and STEM OPT applications
- Disqualification (DQ) Next Steps - Please come in to see an ISA as soon as you are DQed.
- Change of Academic Level Request
- Change of Status I-20 Request (view COS to F-1 Tutorial before submitting)
- Declaration of Finance Form
- Form I-20 Request (new as of August 30)
- Form I-20 Program Extension
- Reduced Course Load Form
- Concurrent Enrollment Request
- Travel Signature Request Form
- Change of Address Form
- Leave of Absence Form
- SEVIS Transfer In Form
- SEVIS Transfer Out Form
Use this form to request a verification letter for any of the following reasons: for visa renewal, for loan/banking agency, for DMV address verification, or for home country's government.
All letter requests take approximately 10-15 business days to be processed. Student will receive an email as soon as the requested letter is available for pick-up.
ISSS has learned in a recent update from the U.S. Department of State that invitation letters provided by Universities are not necessary and have no effect on visa issuance. "Each applicant applying for a visa must qualify on their own merits." Therefore, effective immediately, the ISSS Office will no longer provide invitation letters to students for use in inviting relatives to visit them. Below is a template that you may use:
“My name is (your name). I am an F-1 international student at San José State University pursuing a (bachelor’s or master’s) in (major). I expect to complete my degree as of (month, year; May, August, or December 2013). I would like to invite my family to come to (choose: either #1: witness my University graduation on (specific date); or #2: visit me during my studies in the United States.
May I request that visitor’s visa(s) be issued to my following family members:
– Father: Mr. First Last Name DOB: Month-day-year
– Mother: Mrs. First Last Name DOB: Month-day-year
Thank you for your consideration."