IBM Skills Academy
Faculty can leverage IBM Skills Academy to enhance their curriculum with a blend of online courses, classroom training, and hands-on labs. Students can take advantage of training and certification program to bridge the skill gap between their university learning and the market industry.
Skills Academy offers practical curriculum, learning tools, and labs created by IBM Subject Matter Experts and IBM Global University Programs, validated and endorsed by faculty from leading institutions. Courses cover high-demand competencies such as:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Quantum Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Design Thinking
- Internet of Things
- Other Emerging Technologies.
SJSU faculty are already piloting programs in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Cybersecurity
To implement Skills Academy in your courses:
- Contact email@example.com to get a token for portal access.
- Once you’ve identified the courses, training schedule, and number of students for the materials you’ll be using, follow-up with a formal request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you’re approved, you’ll attend a “train-the-trainer” workshop for each course you’ve chosen.
- After training, you’ll be validated by IBM.
- When you are ready to teach the course, contact email@example.com one more time so we can grant access to your students.
- After the course, your students will be awarded a digital badge by IBM, which they can tout on their professional social media.