Announce is an SJSU Email distribution application that allows you to send scheduled emails to various groups in the Campus Community. You can create a Broadcast Email to various distribution lists.
There are two primary email distribution types:
- Large automated distribution
- Project-focused subscriptions
1. Large Automated Distribution
Announce allows you to send email messages to large distribution lists. You can also schedule your emails for a later delivery. Announce is the system used by Public Affairs to distribute announcements.
Email your announcement to Public Affairs and they will select the appropriate distribution list and send your announcement. The distributions lists are up-to-date, so your annoucement always goes out to the current members. If you send email to a very large distribution list, any required approvals are automatically routed by the system.
Annouce is available to Public Affairs to facilitate email for large distribution lists. There are others from the Campus Community who are authorized to send distribution emails. Instructions for using Announce are included within the application.
2. Project-Focused Subscription
To share information with members of a committee or focus area on a specific topic consider SJSU Google Groups. This also includes ad-hoc memberships and recipients who want to opt-in to your distribution list.
- Authorized members of the Campus Community
- Broadcast your email messages to dynamically-generated, current distribution lists of SJSU Faculty, Staff and Students
- Schedule your mass email messages
- Announce allows you to send email messages to large distribution lists. You can also schedule your emails for a later delivery
To request permission to send Broadcast Email, contact Public Affairs
For questions about Broadcast Email, contact Public Affairs