Live Chat and Chatbot
The enterprise chat platform provides Live Chat & Chatbot sessions that empower departments to give better support.
Enterprise chat bridges the gap between in-person experiences and virtual sessions. SJSU departments and campus units can run Live Chat sessions during regular hours and use Agents and Chatbot sessions during off hours.
With an easy and intuitive platform, enterprise chat works for campus units to create engaging experiences for their website "users," give quick answers to simple questions, and better communicate when it matters most.
- Live Chat: With live chat, the majority of the time you are talking directly with an actual person on the other side of the chat window. Live chat preserves the conversation when bringing in another department, so "users" don't have to re-tell their story.
- Chatbot: Chatbots are programs that have been pre-programmed with a set of questions to answer. Enterprise chatbots learn common questions and make recommendations based on its interactions with your "users."
The following departments are currently using Live Chat and Chatbot solutions, with many more working on implementation:
- Accessible Education Center (AEC)
- Associated Students
- Career Center
- College of Education (Lurie College Student Success Center)
- College of Engineering (Engineering SSC)
- Enrollment Management
- Bursar’s Office
- Financial Aid
- Graduate Admissions & Program Evaluations
- Office of the Registrar
- Testing Office
- Environmental Studies
- Education Opportunity Program
- Lucas College of Business
- Business Graduate Program
- New Student and Family Programs
- School of Information
- SJSU IT Service Desk
- Student Involvement
- Undergraduate Education
Who can use
- Guest Visitors
Strategic Communications and Marketing (SCM) and SJSU IT have partnered to ensure consistent theming of the LiveChat and ChatBot product to align SJSU brand standards, overall web strategy and accessibility compliance.
Please review the Branding Guidelines as you work with IT or Vendor when building your Live Chat / Chatbot solutions.
Requesting Admin/Agent Access
If your department is yet to be onboarded with the SJSU Enterprise Comm100 portal, please send an email to SJSU IT to get started on the process.
If your department is actively onboarded with the SJSU Enterprise Comm100 portal, use this DocuSign form to request access for a new user.
Note: The request must be submitted by an authorized representative.
If you have any questions about enterprise chat, please contact LiveChatITSupport@sjsu.edu.